(2021) (Rebecca Hall, Sara Goldberg) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A teacher must contend with creepy occurrences at her lakefront house following her husband's suicide.
Beth (REBECCA HALL) is a schoolteacher whose architect husband, Owen (EVAN JONIGKEIT), has just killed himself, leaving only a cryptic note as the explanation behind his act. Her co-worker and best friend, Claire (SARA GOLDBERG), is obviously concerned about Beth as is her widowed neighbor, Mel (VONDIE CURTIS HALL). Still in shock and grief, Beth begins to experience weird things at night in her remote lakefront house, including signs that perhaps Owen's spirit is visiting her.
As she tries to understand what's occurring and while going through his belongings, she soon learns that she didn't know her husband as well as she thought. That includes several cryptic notes in his architectural plans, as well as photos on his phone of women who look quite like Beth, including bookstore employee Madelyne (STACY MARTIN). As the apparent nighttime hauntings increase in intensity, Beth begins to question both her sanity and how well she thought she knew her husband.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into psychological/supernatural horror films, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some violence/disturbing images, and language including some sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.