(2021) (voices of Abbi Jacobson, Danny McBride) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated: Sci-Fi/Comedy: A dysfunctional family tries to save the world after robots have taken control.
Katie Mitchell (voice of ABBI JACOBSON) is a high school senior who can't wait to attend film school across the country. That's not only because making movies is her passion, but also because she's tired of clashing with her anti-technology father, Rick (voice of DANNY MCBRIDE), who believes she's setting herself up for failure and disappointment, much to the chagrin of his wife, Linda (voice of MAYA RUDOLPH), and Katie's younger, dinosaur-loving brother, Aaron (voice of MIKE RIANDA).
Hoping to make amends for his past behavior, Rick cancels Katie's plane ticket and informs her that the entire family will be taking a cross-country road trip one last time. That doesn't sit well with her, and while she tries to fake her way through enjoying that, the unimaginable happens. And that's when personal assistant robots created by PAL Labs CEO Dr. Mark Bowman (voice of ERIC ANDRE) decide to take over the world and capture all the pesky humans.
Their leader is PAL (voice of OLIVIA COLMAN), Mark's original virtual assistant that he discarded in favor of his new robots. With the Mitchells being the only humans who managed to avoid capture, they try to put their differences aside to save the day. With the help of two damaged robots -- Deborahbot 5000 (voice of FRED ARMISEN) and Eric (voice of BECK BENNETT) -- that are no longer following PAL's commands, they set out to upload a kill code that will deactivate PAL and her robotic minions.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.