(2021) (Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A game developer wrestles with the question of whether he's real or just a construct of a game he developed and must contend with others who try to stop him after he discovers the truth.
Thomas Anderson (KEANU REEVES) is known for being the programming whiz who created the game The Matrix and he currently works for the gaming company Deus Machina run by Mr. Smith (JONATHAN GROFF).
But Thomas is troubled by visions of having been in that game himself as Neo -- where artificial intelligence robots have created the illusion of normal reality for humans who are actually unconsciously held in pods as power sources for the robot world -- to the point that he's seeing a psychiatrist (NEIL PATRICK HARRIS) who tries to assure him that everything is okay.
In reality, though, he's right, and others who can transport themselves into the Matrix from the outside -- such as Bugs (JESSICA HENWICK) and Morpheus (YAHYA ABDUL-MATEEN II) -- have discovered an anomaly that has them troubled. Unaware of any of this is Neo's former battle colleague Trinity (CARRIE-ANNE MOSS) who currently doesn't recognize Neo and believes she's a motorcycle builder.
But as Thomas/Neo is brought up to speed, other past warriors, such as Niobe (JADA PINKETT SMITH), are asked to help as the robots do everything in their power -- and in their created illusion -- to prevent Neo and Trinity from thwarting them again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the "Matrix" films they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.