(2021) (Liam Neeson, Jacob Perez) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A widowed Vietnam vet goes up against a Mexican drug cartel to ensure that an orphaned boy safely gets to his relatives in Chicago.
Jim Hanson (LIAM NEESON) is a widowed former Marine who's about to lose his Arizona ranch due to his late wife's medical bills. Things get worse for him when a single Mexican mom, Rosa (TERESA RUIZ), and her son, Miguel (JACOB PEREZ), run in front of his truck, what with having just passed through a hole in the border fence. They're running from a Mexican drug cartel due to Miguel's uncle having wronged them and now they want revenge.
Jim doesn't want to get involved, but during a confrontation with the cartel's goon, Mauricio (JUAN PABLO RABA), and his small squad of hitmen, he ends up killing the leader's brother while Rosa is also fatally shot. Jim manages to escape and delivers the boy to the border patrol agency where his stepdaughter, Sarah Reynolds (KATHERYN WINNICK), works.
But after seeing the cartel waiting nearby, he decides to take the boy to an address Rosa earlier gave him before dying. The only problem is it's in Chicago and Mauricio has no intention of letting the boy get away. And thus begins their frantic road trip with the unlikely duo getting to know each other all while trying to stay one step ahead of the killers who are after them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they enjoy Liam Neeson action-dramas movies where he puts the bad guys in their place.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, some bloody images, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.