(2021) (Kyle Allen, Kathryn Newton) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A teen finds his perpetually repeating day interrupted by another teen who's also stuck in the same time loop.
Mark (KYLE ALLEN) is a 17-year-old high school student who seems to know everything his sister, Emma (CLEO FRASER), and their dad, Daniel (JOSH HAMILTON), are going to do and say, which also holds true for everyone and everything else in his town. And that's because he's somehow been trapped in a time loop where the same day keeps repeating over and over again. He tries explaining that to his best friend, Henry (JERMAINE HARRIS), but must do so every day as everything ends up reset at midnight.
But then one day fellow teen Margaret (KATHRYN NEWTON) shows up in Mark's loop. She's initially aloof but then confides that like him she's stuck in that loop. They strike up a common-experience friendship and decide to make note of the tiny perfect things that happen in that same day that they had previously overlooked. Mark -- who'd like to figure out a way out of the loop -- finds himself falling for Margaret, but she only wants to remain friends, and is in no hurry for the loop to be broken. As Mark tries to figure out why, their relationship evolves as they keep repeating the same twenty-four hours over and over again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The "Groundhog Day" type plot along with the teen romance angle might be enticing to teens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief strong language, some teen drinking, and sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.