(2021) (Ana De La Reguera, Josh Lucas) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Thriller: Various people do what they must to survive a nationwide killing spree that's continued well past its officially mandated twelve-hour window.
Adela (ANA DE LA REGUERA) and Juan (TENOCH HUERTA) are a married couple who illegally immigrated from Mexico to the U.S. to escape retribution from drug cartels. While she works at a meatpacking plant for Darius Bryant (SAMMI ROTIBI), Juan works at a Texas ranch owned by Caleb Tucker (WILL PATTON). While that man has no issues with Mexicans such as Juan and fellow ranch hand T.T. (ALEJANDRO EDDA) working for him, his adult son, Dylan (JOSH LUCAS), does, especially after Juan non-violently breaks a wild horse that Dylan couldn't.
But that's put on the back burner for a night as they all prepare for the return of the once-annual Purge where all violent crime -- including murder -- is allowed across the nation by order of the New Founding Fathers of America. As Adela and Juan take refuge with other Mexicans and the Tucker family -- including Dylan's very pregnant wife, Cassie (CASSIDY FREEMAN), and sister, Harper (LEVEN RAMBIN) -- hunkers down, racist ranch hand Kirk (WILL BRITTAIN) prepares to get busy during The Purge.
And after it's over, as participants decide to break the rules and continue with their lawlessness and killing. All of which puts everyone at risk and then on the run, eventually needing help from Native American tribal leader Chiago Harjo (ZAHN McCLARNON). With the killing spreading and continuing unabated, those not participating do what they must to survive.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into the other "Purge" movies they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong/bloody violence, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.