(2021) (Anthony Hopkins, Olivia Coleman) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A man suffering from dementia tries to make sense of his seemingly ever-changing world and his adult daughter who's trying to care for him.
Anthony (ANTHONY HOPKINS) is an older man who lives in London and is suffering from dementia. All of which means he often confuses and imagines things, such as where he lives and not recognizing the people in his life. That includes his middle-aged daughter, Anne (OLIVIA COLMAN), who's near her wit's end trying to care for him, especially due to him driving away caretakers she's hired to watch him during the day. The situation doesn't sit well with her husband, Paul (RUFUS SEWELL), who's had about enough of Anthony's behavior, especially with him living in their flat.
But as Anne hopes that perhaps new caregiver Laura (IMOGEN POOTS) will work out, Anthony finds himself increasingly confused by almost everything in his life to the point that we're never sure what we're seeing is real, a memory, or just something he's imagined.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Probably not.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language, and thematic material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.