(2021) (Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Married paranormal investigators try to find and stop a witch before she causes a young man to kill himself.
It's 1981 and Ed (PATRICK WILSON) and Lorraine Warren (VERA FARMIGA) are married paranormal investigators who've recently been helping 8-year-old David Glatzel (JULIAN HILLARD) and his family deal with him being possessed by a demon. Realizing the danger the boy is in, Arne Johnson (RUAIRI O'CONNOR) -- boyfriend to David's older sister, Debbie (SARAH CATHERINE HOOK) -- tells the demon to take him instead. As a result, the boy is freed but Arne ends up under the control of the demon's spell that causes him to murder a man.
Ed and Lorraine then try to help with Arne's legal defense, but need more facts in hopes of his lawyer successfully arguing him being not guilty due to demonic possession. That eventually leads them to a now retired priest, Father Kastner (JOHN NOBLE), who dealt with such matters, and eventually to a witch (EUGENIE BONDURANT) who needs to claim several souls to satisfy the demon. As they work to solve the mystery, the husband and wife put themselves in danger.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the other entries in "The Conjuring" movie universe they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, violence, and some disturbing images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.