(2021) (Matt Damon, Abigail Breslin) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An American man tries to prove that his estranged daughter, who's being held in a French prison, didn't kill her lover.
Bill Baker (MATT DAMON) is a laid-off Oklahoma oil industry roughneck who now works odd construction jobs when not flying to Marseille, France to visit his long-estranged daughter, Allison (ABIGAIL BRESLIN), who's in prison for allegedly killing her lover. While staying in a hotel, he ends up meeting theater actress Virginie (CAMILLE COTTIN) and her young daughter Maya (LILOU SIAUVAUD), which comes in handy when he needs someone to translate a letter Allison gave him, written in French and intended for her lawyer.
It turns out, Allison has learned that another person overheard a young man, Akim (IDIR AZOUGLI), state he killed Allison's lover, and the inmate wants her French lawyer to reopen the case. That attorney refuses, so Bill decides to take it upon himself to find the man, all while platonically moving in with Virginie and doing handyman work around her place. As he gets closer to finding Akeem, he ends up putting his safety and future at risk.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of anyone in the cast might have some interest, but beyond that, I can't imagine many younger kids being interested in this.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.