(2021) (voices of Isabel Merced, Julianne Moore) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Drama/Adventure: Shipped off to live with her father who she barely knows or remembers, a girl sets out with her new friends to rescue and free a group of wild horses from Old West outlaws.
Lucky Prescott (ISABEL MERCED) is a girl whose mother died in a horse-riding stunt when she was just a baby, causing her grief-stricken father, Jim (JAKE GYLLENHAAL), to send Lucky off to live and be raised by her grandfather and aunt, Cora (JULIANNE MOORE). But when Lucky inadvertently makes a spectacle of her grandfather's gubernatorial campaign launch event, he sends her and Cora off to stay with Jim.
On the train ride to the small western town of Miradero, Lucky spots the wild stallion Spirit running alongside the train and is entranced by the horse and his herd. As is outlaw Hendricks (WALTON GOGGINS) and his gang who decide to capture the horses, break them, and sell them off.
Once in town, Lucky quickly makes friends with fellow girls Prudence Granger (MARSAI MARTIN) and Abigail Stone (McKENNA GRACE), but doesn't bond with her father who she really doesn't know. It also doesn't help that based on what happened before, he forbids his daughter from having anything to do with Spirit who's now held in a nearby corral. But after learning about the Hendricks gang's plan, Lucky, Prudence, and Abigail set out to rescue and free the horses.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- An animated movie featuring animals (albeit, not talking ones) could be a draw to kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some adventure action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.