(2021) (Tom Holland, Zendaya) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: After trying to get others to forget his just-revealed identity, a web-slinging superhero must contend with the arrival of good and bad figures from alternate universes.
Until recently, high school student Peter Parker (TOM HOLLAND) has kept his alter-ego -- the superhero webslinger Spider-man -- secret from most of the world. That is, except for his girlfriend, MJ (ZENDAYA), best friend, Ned (JACOB BATALON), his Aunt May (MARISA TOMEI), and her boyfriend, former Iron Man assistant Happy Hogan (JON FAVREAU).
But now that online provocateur J. Jonah Jameson (J.K. SIMMONS) has outed him, Peter must contend with the fallout, including half of the world thinking he murdered his last adversary. It's so bad and affects his family and friends to such a degree that he goes to his former Avengers teammate, Dr. Stephen Strange (BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH), for help. In short, he wants the master of the mystic arts to conjure up a spell that will make the world forget that he's Spider-Man.
But his sudden amendments to that spell cause it to spiral out of control, opening wormholes into alternate universes. All of which means he must not only contend with other versions of himself showing up, but also a bevy of villains -- Electro (JAMIE FOXX), Doctor Octopus (ALFRED MOLINA), Green Goblin (WILLEM DAFOE), Sandman (THOMAS HADEN CHURCH), and Lizard (RHYS IFANS) -- who want him dead.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into superhero movies they definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of action/violence, some language and brief suggestive comments.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.