(2021) (Kristen Stewart, Timothy Spall) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Princess Diana finds herself at a breaking point during a traditional royal Christmas gathering.
Ten years into her marriage to Prince Charles (JACK FARTHING), Princess Diana (KRISTEN STEWART) is a shell of a woman due to her husband cheating on her, being hounded by the press, and all the royal protocol she's supposed to accept but has grown increasingly tired of. Accordingly, she's purposefully late to Queen Elizabeth's (STELLA GONET) Sandringham House country estate for the usual Christmas gathering, something not lost on Major Alistair Gregory (TIMOTHY SPALL) who's been brought in to watch over her and keep the press at bay.
Yet, Diana is happy to see her two boys, William (JACK NIELEN) and Harry (FREDDIE SPRY), as well as her royal dresser and close confidante, Maggie (SALLY HAWKINS), who's fully aware of Diana's predicament and current state of mind. Things don't improve when Diana discovers that someone has left a book in her room about Anne Boleyn and it's not long before Diana begins imagining interactions with the former queen (AMY MANSON) who fell out of favor with her husband.
Over three days, Diana begins to suffer from a mental breakdown, all while trying to determine her future including whether -- or if -- she can break away from the life of being a royal.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're interested in the late Princess Diana or are fans of Kristen Stewart or anyone else in the cast, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.