(2021) (LeBron James, Cedric Joe) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: An NBA superstar must put together a team of Warner Bros. cartoon characters to take on his son's team in a digital universe basketball game.
NBA superstar LeBron James (LeBRON JAMES) hopes that his youngest son, 12-year-old Dom (CEDRIC JOE), will follow in his basketball footsteps, but the boy is more interested in playing and creating video games, which puts them at odds.
That comes to a head when Lebron is invited to the Warner Bros. studios to be part of WB 3000 where his digitized form will help sell the new offering. While Dom is naturally impressed, LeBron thinks it's one of the dumbest ideas he's ever heard. All of which infuriates the computer algorithm that's created that "serververse," Al G. Rhythm (DON CHEADLE), who digitizes and sucks both Dom and LeBron into that world.
Al easily wins over the boy's alliance and tells his dad the only way he can get him back is to play a game of basketball against his son. LeBron thinks that will be a slam dunk, but then learns that while Dom is going to use digitally enhanced versions of real-life pro players, he's going to have to rely on Bugs Bunny (voice of JEFF BERGMAN) to put together a team of WB cartoon characters as his team. That includes Lola Bunny (voice of ZENDAYA), Daffy Duck (voice of ERIC BAUZA), Granny (voice of CANDI MILO), and a host of others.
With the odds stacked against him and his team, LeBron tries to figure out how to win and thus free himself and his son from the digital world -- and prevent the cartoon characters from being deleted forever -- or risk ending up stuck in the serververse forever.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Many probably will, especially if they're fans of the original film, basketball, or video games.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some cartoon violence and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.