(2021) (Henry Golding, Andrew Koji) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A street fighter trains to become a ninja warrior while getting tangled up in a Japanese clan's family feud.
Having witnessed, as a young boy, his father murdered, Snake Eyes (HENRY GOLDING) has long wanted to avenge that death, and takes out his aggression as a street fighter. His prowess at doing so has drawn the intention of Kenta (TAKEHIRO HIRA) who wants Snake Eyes to work for him in exchange for finding and delivering his father's killer to him.
Snake Eyes agrees, but when Kinta wants him to kill Tommy (ANDREW KOJI), he instead saves the man and thus draws the wrath of Kinta, barely escaping with his life. It's then that he learns that Tommy is next in line to lead an ancient Japanese clan known as the Arashikage, currently headed by Tommy's grandmother, Sen (ERI ISHIDA) and he wants Snake Eyes to be his right-hand warrior. That doesn't sit well with the clan's chief of security, Akiko (HARUKA ABE), but Sen will allow it if Snake Eyes can pass a series of tests -- conducted by Blind Master (PETER MENSAH) and Hard Master (IKO UWAIS) -- to become a trusted ninja.
But at the same time, he continues working for Kinta who was previously kicked out of the Arashikage, and now wants to get his hands on a supernatural jewel with incredible powers. As does Baroness (ÚRSULA CORBERÓ) who works for the terrorist organization known as Cobra, with her presence drawing the attention of G.I. Joe team member Scarlett (SAMARA WEAVING). Torn by his dual allegiance, but still fueled by his desire to avenge his father, Snake Eyes must decide what to do.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of the G.I. Joe universe.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of strong violence and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.