(2021) (Simu Liu, Awkwafina) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: A man must contend with his past, including his immortal and dangerous father whose actions might threaten everyone on Earth.
Shaun (SIMU LIU) and his best friend Katy (AWKWAFINA) work as parking valets in San Francisco, much to the chagrin of her mother who doesn't believe she's living up to her potential. But little do any of them know that Sean is actually Shang-Chi, the son of Xu Wenwu (TONY LEUNG), a.k.a. The Mandarin, who gained immortality long ago and conquered most of the world thanks to the ten supernatural rings he wears on his arms.
Having just survived an attack by several goons after the pendant he wears, Shang-Chi is thrust back into a world he was trying to forget and hide. Realizing his father sent those goons and that his younger sister, Xialing (MENG'ER ZHANG), is likely in danger, Shang-Chi gets Katy up to speed on what's what and both travel abroad to rescue her.
It turns out she's more than capable of defending herself and putting Shang-Chi in his place, but recognizes the threat their father poses, what with him being determined to enter the God Realm known as Ta Lo. It was there that he first met their mother, Jiang Li (FALA CHEN), and despite everyone knowing she was murdered long ago, he's positive she's being held behind a portal wall in that realm and needs rescuing.
Getting there before him and meeting their aunt, Jiang Nan (MICHELLE YEOH), Shang-Chi, and Xialing prepare for an encounter with their father that could determine the fate of everyone on Earth should he breach that portal wall.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into superhero movies, they will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence and action, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.