(2021) (Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: Using her and others' recorded memories, a man tries to figure out what happened to his lover who's abruptly vanished.
In the not-too-distant future, Miami is a city that's partially underwater and where corrupt businessman Walter Sylvan (BRETT CULLEN) owns most of the dry land. Down in the flooded section, military veterans Nick Bannister (HUGH JACKMAN) and his assistant Watts (THANDIWE NEWTON) run a company that allows people to revisit their memories in full detail. Their latest client is Mae (REBECCA FERGUSON), a singer who wants to use their service to find her lost keys, but it's Nick who loses his heart to her and the two soon become a couple. But just as quickly as she comes into his life, Mae abruptly disappears.
Using her and others' recorded memories, he starts looking for clues about what happened to her and that leads to her past involvement with drug kingpin Saint Joe (DANIEL WU) and his former cop, right-hand man Cyrus Boothe (CLIFF CURTIS). As Nick digs deeper, he soon learns that Mae might not have been the woman he thought she was.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if the sci-fi story entices them and/or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For strong violence, drug material throughout, sexual content and some strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.