(2021) (Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Comedy: An FBI profiler and a prolific art thief end up as unlikely partners as they try to prevent another art thief from stealing three rare pieces that once belonged to Cleopatra.
Long ago, Marcus Antonius of Rome had three large art eggs created for Queen Cleopatra of Egypt. Two of those were found in the early 1900s, with one ending up in the possession of an international arms dealer, Sotto Voce (CHRIS DIAMANTOPOULOS), the second now held at an art museum in Rome, and the third nowhere to be found. FBI profiler John Hartley (DWAYNE JOHNSON), who specializes in art theft, is certain that art thief Nolan Booth (RYAN REYNOLDS) is targeting the one held in the museum, and he shows up there with Interpol agent Inspector Urvashi Das (RITU ARYA) and her team.
Nolan manages to elude them, but John and Urvashi later catch him, although the subsequent theft of that egg seems to point to John as the suspect. That results in him and Nolan ending up as cellmates in a black ops prison located deep inside Russia. There, they learn that the world's number one art thief, The Bishop (GAL GADOT), is behind their current situation, with her wanting to obtain all three eggs for her client, a wealthy Egyptian businessman who wants them for his daughter's wedding.
With John needing to clear his name and catch The Bishop, and Nolan wanting to beat her to the punch of obtaining those eggs, the two form an unlikely alliance to meet their goals.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of any/all of the three main stars in the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence and action, some sexual references, and strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.