(2021) (Kristen Bell, Kirby Howell-Baptiste) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two friends enjoy the money that selling illegally obtained store coupons brings them, unaware that officials are closing in on them and their fraudulent scheme.
Connie Kaminski (KRISTEN BELL) is a three-time Olympic gold medalist in speed walking whose current obsession with using coupons in her Phoenix suburb is driving her IRS agent husband, Rick (JOEL McHALE), crazy. With their marriage strained and him away for weeks at a time working, Connie spends most of her time with her neighbor-friend, JoJo Johnson (KIRBY HOWELL-BAPTISTE), who lives with her mother, Mama Josie (GRETA OGLESBY). She's likewise into coupons when not trying to sell her cosmetic wares and flirting with Earl (DAYO OKENIYI), her mail carrier.
When Connie learns that companies will send coupons for free products in response to complaint letters, she begins a spree of such letter writing, and eventually convinces JoJo that they can make money selling such coupons if they can get their hands on enough of them. That comes to fruition when they travel to Mexico and convince Alejandro (FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ) and his wife, Rosa (ILIA PAULINO), to supply them with coupons from the manufacturing and redemption center where they work.
Their efforts quickly pay off, especially with the help of cybersecurity whiz Tempe Tina (BEBE REXHA) who teaches them the tricks of the trade of dealing with large sums of money. But the overuse of coupons eventually draws the overzealous attention of Ken Miller (PAUL WALTER HAUSER), a grocery chain's loss prevention officer who alerts the feds about the fraud. That eventually results in U.S. Postal Service Inspector Simon Kilmurry (VINCE VAUGHN) being on the case. As he and Ken work to find out who's responsible, Connie and Jojo expand their criminal operation, unaware of what's coming their way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of anyone in the cast might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.