(2021) (voice of James Corden, Domhnall Gleeson) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: Unable to shake his reputation, a mischievous, talking rabbit ends up in a situation where his bad bunny behavior is appreciated.
Peter Rabbit (voice of JAMES CORDEN) is a mischievous and assertive bunny who lives on an English country farm with his sisters, Flopsy (voice of MARGOT ROBBIE), Mopsy (voice of ELIZABETH DEBICKI), and Cottontail (voice of AIMEE HORNE), and their cousin, Benjamin Bunny (voice of COLIN MOODY). Having seemingly called a true with Thomas McGregor (DOMHNALL GLEESON) -- who inherited the farm where the rabbits and other animals live and has just married his artist neighbor Bea (ROSE BYRNE) -- Peter must now contend with his newfound fame following the release of Bea's book about him and the rest of the animals.
That's drawn the interest of slick book publisher Nigel Basil-Jones (DAVID OYELOWO) who wants Bea to make Peter the "bad seed" character in her sequel that he believes should be made as commercial as possible. Fed up with that, Peter takes a walk through the city where he bumps into older rabbit Barnabas (voice of LENNIE JAMES) who claims he knew Peter's father and runs a small gang of street thieves comprised of rat Samuel Whiskers (voice of RUPERT DEGAS) and feline siblings Tom (voice of DAMON HERRIMAN) and Mittens Kitten (voice of HAYLEY ATWELL).
They're planning the food robbery of a lifetime and want Peter's help. With him now leaning into his bad bunny reputation, Peter enlists the help of his family and friends, all while Thomas worries that Nigel is too heavily influencing Bea's artistry.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the first "Peter Rabbit" film they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude humor and action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.