(2021) (Casey Affleck, Dakota Johnson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: With their life upended by a bad medical diagnosis, a family leans on their best friend who puts his life on hold to help them.
While their marriage has had its ups and downs, Nicole (DAKOTA JOHNSON) and Matt Teague (CASEY AFFLECK) are facing the toughest challenge of their lives. And that's a cancer diagnosis for Nicole, something they've shared with their daughters, Molly (ISABELLA KAI RICE) and Evie (VIOLET McGRAW), although they've kept the dire outlook from them.
But their longtime best friend, Dane Faucheux (JASON SEGEL), is fully aware of that and puts his life on hold as he moves from New Orleans to Fairhope, Alabama to help any way he can. As that plays out, we witness the trials and tribulations of their friendship and the couple's marriage over the years.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.