(2021) (Gael Garcia Bernal, Vicky Krieps) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A group of strangers find themselves stuck on a remote beach that's somehow causing them to age at an incredibly fast rate.
Actuary Guy (GAEL GARCIA BERNAL) and his museum curator wife Prisca (VICKY KRIEPS) are aware their marriage is ending, and thus they're committed to giving their kids -- 11-year-old Maddox (ALEXA SWINTON) and 6-year-old Trent (NOLAN RIVER) -- a memorable vacation at a tropical resort.
That includes a trip to a secluded beach that they were promised would be theirs alone for the day. Thus, they're surprised when surgeon Charles (RUFUS SEWELL) and his wife, Chrystal (ABBEY LEE), along with their pre-teen daughter Kara (MIKAYA FISHER) and his mother, Agnes (KATHLEEN CHALFANT), join them for the van ride to the secret spot.
After walking through a short canyon, they arrive at the beach, only to find Brandon, a.k.a. rapper Mid-Sized Sedan (AARON PIERRE), along with psychologist Patricia (NIKKI AMUKA-BIRD) and her nurse husband, Jarin (KEN LEUNG), also there. But Guy and Prisca's concerns about a private excursion are shelved, first when the body of a dead woman washes up.
It then gets worse when they realize that the kids have suddenly aged, with Maddox (THOMASIN MCKENZIE), Trent (ALEX WOLFF), and Kara (ELIZA SCANLEN), now teenagers. Realizing they're all trapped there, the strangers try to learn what's causing all of them to age as well as find a way to get off the beach.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast or of movies made by M. Night Shyamalan, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For strong violence, disturbing images, suggestive content, partial nudity, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.