(2021) (Bob Odenkirk, Aleksey Serebryakov) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Dramedy: A seemingly unremarkable man springs into action when a Russian mobster targets him and his family.
Hutch Mansell (BOB ODENKIRK) is a seemingly ordinary guy living an ordinary life that isn't much different from day to day. Married to Becca (CONNIE NIELSEN) with whom he has a teenage son, Blake (GAGE MUNROE), and preteen daughter, Sammy (PAISLEY CADORATH), and son to David (CHRISTOPHER LLOYD) who lives in a nursing home, Hutch's only noticeable trait is somehow always taking the garbage out moments too late every time.
But then two thieves break into his house at night, and finding himself with the opportunity to bash at least one of them, he opts not to, thus disappointing Blake and earning some condescension from the cops and a neighbor, although his brother, Harry (RZA), understands. When he learns that the thieves took his daughter's kitty cat bracelet, however, he jumps into action to find them and retrieve that, but can't follow through. He then takes out his frustration on several twenty-something men who board a bus with him and harass some of the other riders, showing that he's quite proficient at hand-to-hand combat.
What he doesn't know is that one of those men is the younger brother of Russian mobster Yulian Kuznetsov (ALEKSEY SEREBRYAKOV) who's been tasked with babysitting the Obshak which is essentially the 401K of the Russian mob with total assets of several hundred million dollars. Not happy with what Hutch did, he sets out to get even, initially unaware of what sort of man Hutch really is -- something he's about to find out.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might if they're fans of Odenkirk or hard-hitting action films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and bloody images, language throughout and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.