(2021) (Jake Allyn, Jorge A. Jimenez) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A young potential baseball pro goes on the run to Mexico and ends up hunted down by various people after he shoots and kills an illegal immigrant boy near the Texas border.
Jackson Greer (JAKE ALLYN) is a young man who lives on a Texas ranch with his brother, Lucas (ALEX MACNICOLL), and parents, Bill (FRANK GRILLO) and Monica (ANDIE McDOWELL). With a promising professional baseball career in his near future, all of them are proud of him, but Jackson hates being forced to sit out various things to protect his gift. And that includes joining his dad and brother in hopes of reclaiming cattle stolen from them by Mexican raiders who crossed the border. Despite being told to stay home, he grabs his rifle, jumps on his horse, and rides into the night to help them.
But during an ensuing skirmish where Lucas ends up shot and Bill is stabbed, Jackson goes to defend them. Instead, and in the heat of the moment, he ends up shooting young Fernando Almeida (ALESSIO VALENTINI), much to the horror of that boy's father, Gustavo (JORGE A. JIMENEZ), and local Texas Ranger Ramirez (GEORGE LOPEZ) who shows up on the scene. With Lucas in the hospital, Bill takes the blame for the shooting and makes Jackson agree to that, but the guilt of doing so eventually causes him to flee into Mexico to avoid Ramirez who's figured out who's responsible.
Having previously found Fernando's wallet and now knowing where he lives, Jackson hopes to make it there to allow the boy's father to avenge his death, unaware that the grieving man has given up on God and has enlisted a ruthless "coyote," Luis (ANDRES DELGADO), to help him find and kill the gringo.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Maybe some older teens, but that's likely it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.