(2021) (voices of Vanessa Hudgens, Kimiko Glenn) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Musical Adventure: An Earth pony sets out to prove that her kind shouldn't fear unicorns and pegasi, and teams up with some of them to prove her point.
In the Equestrian town of Maretime Bay, Sunny (voice of VANESSA HUDGENS) is an Earth pony who learned long ago from her late dad, Argyle (voice of MICHAEL McKEAN), that the current situation where all ponies fear unicorn and pegasi is unfounded.
But with him gone, Sunny can't get anyone to follow her in that belief. Yet she continues to try, including interrupting the annual show put on by adult pony Phyllis (voice of ELIZABETH PERKINS) who runs a factory that makes products to defend their kind against those other species.
Sunny's actions put her in the crosshairs of her only friend in town, Sheriff Hitch (voice of JAMES MARSDEN), who's now deputized Phyllis' son, Sprout (voice of KEN JEONG), to be his right-hand pony. But that youngster flees, as does most everyone else, when Izzy (voice of KIMIKO GLENN), a unicorn from Bridlewood Forest, shows up.
She's bubbly and friendly and anything but dangerous, yet Sunny knows she must get her out of town to protect her and come up with a plan to prove to her townsfolk that unicorns and pegasi shouldn't be hated and feared.
With Hitch on their trail, that eventually leads them to the town of Zephyr Heights, ruled by Queen Haven (voice of JANE KRAKOWSKI) and where Princess Pipp (voice of SOFIA CARSON) is a huge pop star, all while her sister, Princess Zipp (voice of LIZA KOSHY), is tired of them leading deceptive lives.
And they eventually make their way to Bridlewood Forest, where they must contend with barkeep Alphabittle (voice of PHIL LAMARR) who has something in his possession that could help them on their quest.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of the My Little Pony universe most definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.