(2021) (Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two couples try to resolve a past tragedy that continues to affect both families.
Jay (JASON ISAACS) and Gail (MARTHA PLIMPTON) have arrived at an Episcopalian church where they're greeted by church employee Judy (BREEDA WOOL) who's nervous about why they're there, even if she's not going to be directly involved. In charge is Kendra (MICHELLE N. CARTER) who's arranged the meeting between them -- who she's meeting for the first time -- and her clients Richard (REED BIRNEY) and Linda (ANN DOWD) with whom she's been working for the past several years.
The two couples know each other stemming from a past tragedy that affected them and their families. And that's when Richard and Linda's teenage son, Hayden, engaged in a mass shooting at the high school he attended with Jay and Gail's son, Evan. He ended up one of the ten people shot and killed that fateful day, with Hayden then taking his own life.
Needing to resolve that past event and how it still affects them, the two couples awkwardly try to get answers from each other regarding their sons and what Richard and Linda knew, worried about, and did or didn't do that might have impacted their son's fateful decision years ago.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, the answer is probably not.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic content and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.