(2021) (Noomi Rapace, Hilmir Snaer Gudnason) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama/Horror: Married farmers living in a remote part of Iceland must contend with the arrival of an unusual newborn and what that means for them and their future.
María (NOOMI RAPACE) and Ingvar (HILMIR SNAER GUDNASON) are married farmers in a remote part of Iceland. Their hard work and relatively mundane life end up interrupted by an unusual birth in their barn. Seeing the uniqueness of a newborn lamb, they take it from its mother and raise it like a child, naming the girl Ada. But we eventually see the reason for their attraction as the newcomer is half-sheep, half-human, something that's quite startling to Ingvar's brother, Pétur (BJÖRN HLYNUR HARALDSSON), when he shows up.
Pétur initially believes he must do something about what he views as a monstrosity, but then has a change of heart and views Ada as part of his family. But lurking in the background of all of that is the reality of what's transpired and that eventually shows itself to the farming couple.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens interested in more refined horror films might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some bloody violent images and sexuality/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.