(2021) (Will Smith, Saniyya Sidney) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A determined father doesn't stray from his plan to turn two of his daughters into tennis champions.
It's the early 1990s and Richard Williams (WILL SMITH) is a security guard who lives in Compton, CA with his nurse wife, Brandi (AUNJANUE ELLIS), and their five daughters. Despite being quite young, Richard's two biological girls, Venus (SANIYYA SIDNEY) and Serena (DEMI SINGLETON), are so good at tennis that he's written out an elaborate plan of how he's going to turn them into champions. It begins with finding them a coach which he does in Paul Cohen (TONY GOLDWYN), but that only lasts so long, what with Richard's refusal to stray from his plan and his continued bits of coaching from off the court.
Things look up when the girls impress famed tennis coach Rich Macci (JON BERNTHAL) who agrees to have the family moved to Florida so that Venus and Serena can train with him at his school there. But Richard's lone decisions not only put a strain on the new coach, but also Brandi and the girls, which puts their chances of succeeding up in the air.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of the Williams sisters, movies about tennis, or anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence, strong language, a sexual reference and brief drug references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.