(2021) (Emily Blunt, Dwayne Johnson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A woman hires a WWI era riverboat captain to transport her and her brother up the Amazon in search of a tree with legendary healing properties.
It's 1916 London and Lily Houghton (EMILY BLUNT) wants to get her hands on a museum artifact that she believes will lead her to the Tears of the Moon, a legendary tree long rumored to have supernatural healing powers. But since few women are taken seriously, she has her high society brother, MacGregor (JACK WHITEHALL), make her presentation for her. When that doesn't go well, she decides to steal the ancient arrowhead herself, something German military man Prince Joachim (JESSE PLEMONS) likewise desires, although he intends to use it to win WWI.
With the artifact in hand, Lily and MacGregor travel to the Amazon in search of Nilo (PAUL GIAMATTI) who can provide her a boat to travel upriver, following in the footsteps of 16th-century conquistador Aguirre (EDGAR RAMIREZ) who was in search of the same tree. Instead, Lily meets tourist boat captain Frank Wolff (DWAYNE JOHNSON) who cons his way into convincing her that he's the right man for the job, and brings his pet jaguar Proxima along for the trip.
With Joachim on their tails, Frank, Lily, and MacGregor head up the Amazon, clashing as they do so, unsure if they'll find the tree or are instead just on a wild goose chase.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of either of the leads they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of adventure violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.