(2021) (Barbara Crampton, Larry Fessenden) (Not Rated)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror/Comedy: A preacher's wife finds her life upended when she's bitten by a vampire and grows a taste for human blood and more excitement in her marriage.
Anne (BARBARA CRAMPTON) is an unfulfilled woman. Married to Rev. Jakob Fedder (LARRY FESSENDEN), she exists mostly in the background, where the most exciting thing is having dinner with her brother-in-law, Bob (MARK KELLY), and his wife, Carole (SARAH LIND). But then an old flame of hers -- renowned architect Tom Low (ROBERT RUSLER) -- returns to town to work with Anne on the renovation of an old mill. One thing leads to another and their passion is rekindled but just as quickly interrupted by the arrival of a vampire, The Master (BONNIE AARONS), who earlier turned one of Jakob's parishioners, Amelia (NYISHA BELL), into a fellow bloodsucker.
Tom ends up dead and Anne is bitten on the neck, something she keeps secret from Jakob. But when Sheriff Mike Hess (JAY DeVON JOHNSON) reports that Amelia is missing just like Tom, Anne finds her life turned upside down, what with her appetite for blood growing, just like her desire for more excitement in her marriage. Once Jakob learns what's happened, it's up to them to work through their issues and figure out how to deal with The Master.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into comedy-tinged horror movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: Not Rated
- While not rated, the film is the equivalent of an R due to bloody violence, sexual content, profanity, and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.