(2021) (Lady Gaga, Adam Driver) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A family-run fashion empire must contend with changing times and in-fighting, especially when a new wife begins pushing for more control.
Having met at a party, Patrizia Reggiani (LADY GAGA) has become completely infatuated with Maurizio Gucci (ADAM DRIVER), one of two heirs apparent of the Gucci fashion business. But with Maurizio's Milan-based father, Rodolfo (JEREMY IRONS), disowning him for marrying someone he believes to be a gold digger, the young man ends up allying himself with his uncle, Aldo (AL PACINO), who runs most of the day-to-day operations of the company in New York City.
Thinking his son, Paolo (JARED LETO), is worthless, Aldo is happy to work with Maurizio who maintains a good working relationship with his father's lawyer, Domenico De Sole (JACK HUSTON). It's Patrizia, however, who's the real go-getter in the family and as the years pass, she seeks out greater control of the company, helped by her advice from TV psychic Pina Auriemma (SALMA HAYEK).
But with business dealings in the family becoming ever more strained, and with Maurizio tiring of his marriage in favor of his friend and eventual lover, Paola Franchi (CAMILLE COTTIN), it's unclear how things will play out and what steps Patrizia might take to retain her power.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of Gaga, anyone else in the cast, or famous fashion brands like Gucci.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some sexual content, and brief nudity and violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.