(2021) (McKenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy/Horror: Two kids discover that their grandfather was a former ghostbuster and must use his equipment to battle a new outbreak of ghouls.
Times have been better for Callie (CARRIE COON), a long-divorced mom who ends up evicted and thus moves with her 15-year-old son, Trevor (FINN WOLFHARD), and 12-year-old daughter, Phoebe (McKENNA GRACE), to Summerville, Oklahoma where her long-estranged father lived until his recent death and the local mining operation has been closed for years. Hoping to eke some sort of financial gain from his house or belongings, Callie instead finds a decrepit old farmhouse worth nothing and farmland that was never tended to.
Trevor, however, finds himself attracted to teenager Lucky (CELESTE O'CONNOR) who works at the local diner where he ends up getting a job. Meanwhile, Phoebe finds a kindred spirit in Podcast (LOGAN KIM), another student who's attending summer school taught by Mr. Grooberson (PAUL RUDD) who shows the kids old horror movies in class.
Things change when Phoebe discovers that her grandfather -- who the locals viewed as crazy and called him "dirt farmer" -- was none other than a ghostbuster decades ago. That comes in handy when she and Podcast encounter a ghost. As the supernatural activity in town then starts increasing, it's up to them and her brother to use their grandfather's old gear to battle this new outbreak of ghouls and something that could be far worse.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It features kids in the leads, so that could be a draw, as might the previous "Ghostbusters" movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For supernatural action and some suggestive references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.