(2021) (Mila Kunis, Glenn Close) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A mother reluctantly agrees yet again to try to help her thirty-something daughter kick her heroin addiction.
Molly (MILA KUNIS) is a 31-year-old drug addict who's spent the past decade claiming to want to go clean only to relapse. She's once again arrived on the doorstep of her mom, Deb (GLENN CLOSE), and new stepdad, Chris (STEPHEN ROOT), but Deb wants no part of helping her, having gone down that road to disappointment too many times.
But with Molly in bad shape and not leaving the yard, and with her wanting to see her two kids that she has with her ex-husband, Sean (JOSHUA LEONARD), Deb relents and takes her daughter to a rehab facility where she can only stay for a few days. But the doctor there informs her of a new drug that could finally help her kick the habit, but she needs to be clean for a week to take it.
Accordingly, Deb reluctantly agrees to allow Molly to stay with her for several days, constantly worried that she's going to relapse and thus ruin what might be her last chance. As they try to make that work, past wounds resurface, including about Deb abandoning her first husband, Dale (SAM HENNINGS), and Molly when she was a teenager.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Probably only if they're fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For drug content, language throughout and brief sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.