(2021) (Matilda Lawler, Ben Schwartz) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy-Adventure: A 10-year-old girl discovers that her rescued pet squirrel has superpowers.
Flora Buckman (MATILDA LAWLER) is a cynical 10-year-old girl who's into superheroes, but realizes there aren't any in real-life. Part of them stems from her parents having split up, with Flora living with her romance novelist mom, Phyllis (ALYSON HANNIGAN). Her dad, George (BEN SCHWARTZ), an aspiring but yet-to-be published comic book creator, has moved out and now works in an office supply store.
Flora's life changes when she saves the life of an otherwise regular looking squirrel and decides to name him Ulysses. She keeps that secret from her mom -- along with the fact that the squirrel seems to have superpowers -- but not a neighbor's nephew, William Spiver (BENJAMIN EVAN AINSWORTH), who's currently suffering from a temporary loss of vision caused by emotional stress. She soon lets her dad in on the secret, but when Ulysses ends up displaying some of that, he accidentally creates havoc in a diner.
All of which results in false reports that he's rabid and then animal control officer Miller (DANNY PUDI) on the case to capture the squirrel. With Flora and her friends and family trying to prevent that, the girl hopes that maybe Ulysses will somehow bring her parents back together again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It looks like it could be fairly appealing to younger kids, especially with the animals meets superhero story element.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild action and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.