(2021) (Tom Hanks, Caleb Landry Jones) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A post-apocalyptic survivor sets off for San Francisco with his dog and the robot he's created to care for the canine should he not make it.
In the near future, Finch Weinberg (TOM HANKS) is a robotics engineer who's managed to survive a solar flare that's wiped out most life on Earth from radiation and extreme temperatures. When out scavenging for supplies, his only companions are a small rover robot named Dewey and a dog named Goodyear. Never much liking the company of other people, he's seemingly okay not being around others, but the constant exposure to that radiation has left him increasingly sick.
Accordingly, he's created a learning robot as his assistant to care for Goodyear when he's gone, and Finch learns that teaching the robot -- that eventually takes the name of Jeff (motion capture by and voice of CALEB LANDRY JONES) -- is like dealing with a child, albeit a towering one with incredible strength. With a forty-day storm headed their way that will kill all of them, Finch sets off from their St. Louis base with his companions, headed for San Francisco.
As they proceed and face various perils along the way, Finch's health deteriorates, all as he watches Jeff become ever more human-like.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of Hanks or post-apocalyptic sci-fi films, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief violent images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.