(2021) (Gemma Chan, Richard Madden) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: Having spent several millennia on Earth, the latest in obscurity, a group of immortal superheroes regroup to battle monsters that have mysteriously reemerged.
Seven thousand years ago, a powerful Celestial being known as Arishem sent a group of immortal superheroes, the Eternals, to Earth to protect the primitive human species from monsters known as Deviants. Led by Ajak (SALMA HAYEK) who possesses instant healing powers, the group consisted of Ikaris (RICHARD MADDEN) who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes; Sersi (GEMMA CHAN) who can turn non-living substances into other materials; and Thena (ANGELIA JOLIE) a warrior with magical weapons.
There's also Kingo (KUMAIL NANJIANI) who can summon and fire masses of explosive energy; young Sprite (LIA McHUGH) who can create duplicate illusions of anything; and technology master Phastos (BRIAN TYREE HENRY). Then there's Makkari (LAUREN RIDLOFF) who can zip around at incredible speeds; Gilgamesh (DON LEE) who possesses a magically powerful punch; and Druig (BARRY KEOGHAN) who can control human minds. Yet, like the others, he has been ordered not to intervene in any human affairs that don't involve the Deviants.
With the latter seemingly vanquished five centuries ago, the Eternals have waited for orders back to their home planet of Olympia. With that not happening, they've split up and blended in with the rest of humanity, such as Sersi who teaches in London alongside her boyfriend, Dane (KIT HARINGTON), while Kingo is a Bollywood star with his faithful assistant, Karun (HARISH PATEL), always by his side.
And then out of nowhere, a Deviant attacks Sersi and Sprite, resulting in the group reuniting to protect humanity from the monsters, unaware of the greater danger they're facing.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of Marvel superhero movies, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For fantasy violence and action, some language and brief sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.