(2021) (Riz Ahmed, Lucian-River Chauhan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A former Marine takes his two young kids on a road trip under the belief that he's protecting them from non-terrestrial microorganisms that have infected the planet.
Malik Khan (RIZ AHMED) is a 38-year-old former Marine who hasn't seen his two boys -- 10-year-old Jay (LUCIAN-RIVER CHAUHAN) and his younger brother, Bobby (ADITYA GEDDADA) -- for the past two years, with his story being that he's been engaged in top-secret work. He's now shown up in the middle of the night and rushes them away in his car, stating that he's taking them to a military base to protect them from non-terrestrial microorganisms that have infected half of the world's population, including the boys' mother.
Theybelieve him as they travel through mostly deserted parts of the western U.S., but we then learn that the truth is something different when his parole officer, Hattie Hayes (OCTAVIA SPENCER), wonders where he is, and FBI agent Shepard West (RORY COCHRANE) shows up claiming Malik has kidnapped the boys after binding and gagging their mother and stepfather. As Malik becomes increasingly paranoid about those microorganisms and his paternal instinct to protect his boys, others worry about their safety.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The sci-fi sounding story might entice some.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.