(2021) (voices of Stephanie Beatriz, Maria Cecilia Botero) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Musical: A family where all but one is blessed with magical abilities must contend with that magic suddenly waning.
Ever since fleeing a town long ago with her husband and three young children, Abuela Alma Madrigal (voice of MARIA CECILIA BOTERO) has presided over a manor in the Columbian mountains that's filled with magic. So much so that when any family member comes of a certain age, the manor imbues them with a specific magical gift, with the next in line being young Antonio (voice of RAVI-CABOT CONYERS), the son of Felix (voice of MAURO CASTILLO) and Pepa (voice of CAROLINA GAITAN) -- the latter whose emotions play out as weather events -- and sibling to shapeshifter Camilo (voice of RHENZY FELIZ) and Dolores (voice of ADASSA) who hears everything.
None of this is lost on teenager Mirabel (voice of STEPHANIE BEATRIZ) -- sister to the perfect Isabela (voice of DIANE GUERRERO) who can cause flowers to grow and has drawn the eye of handsome bachelor Mariano (voice of MALUMA), and Luisa (voice of JESSICA DARROW) who's endowed with super strength -- who somehow was passed over for the magic. With her uncle, Bruno (voice of JOHN LEGUIZAMO), having had a troubling vision of the girl before he disappeared years ago, Mirabel is something of the black sheep of the family although she's loved by her mom, Julietta (voice of ANGIE CEPEDA), who can heal things instantly, and dad, Agustin (voice of WILMER VALDERRAMA).
When the manor's magic begins to wane and affects some of the family members, Abuela Alma blames Mirabel. But with her wanting to preserve all of that, the teen sets out to discover what's happening and how her long-absent uncle might be involved.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a computer-animated offering from Disney, so it's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some thematic elements and mild peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.