(2021) (Toni Collette, Damian Lewis) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: Residents of a small Welsh town band together and hope the horse they've bred and raised can become a racing champion.
In a small Welsh town, Jan Vokes (TONI COLLETTE) works at both the local grocer and the neighborhood pub owned by Gerwyn (STEFFAN RHODRI). It's at the latter where she overhears a racehorse owner talk of his profession and gets the idea that she could do the same. Much to the initial confusion and dismay of her husband, Brian (OWEN TEALE), Jan buys a cheap mare with the intent of using her to breed a racehorse.
Needing additional money for the related costs, she proposes to her neighbors that they form a syndicate where everyone chips in and co-owns the horse and will evenly split any future earnings. Older bar regular Kerby (KARL JOHNSON) is in, as is tax adviser Howard Davies (DAMIAN LEWIS) who hates his job but doesn't inform his wife, Angela (JOANNA PAGE), of his investment.
Others join as well, and once the breeding results in a colt they name Dream Alliance, they hire trainer Philip Hobbs (NICHOLAS FARRELL) to see if the horse has what it takes. With a come-from-behind victory in his first race that he wins, it's then off to other races as the team hopes he can make it to and possibly win the Welsh National.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they like movies related to horses, or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For language and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.