<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2021) (Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Black Comedy: Two astronomers try to warn an indifferent country about a planet killer comet that's headed directly toward Earth.
Astronomy grad student Kate Dibiasky (JENNIFER LAWRENCE) and her Michigan state professor Dr. Randall Mindy (LEONARDO DICAPRIO) have made a troubling discovery -- a comet about ten kilometers in size that's on a collision course with Earth. Their finding is confirmed by Dr. Teddy Oglethorpe (ROB MORGAN) from the Planetary Defense Coordination Office, and all three head to the White House to alert them to the planet killer that will arrive in six months. But President Orlean (MERYL STREEP) blows them off, as does her entitled son Jason (JONAH HILL) who serves as her chief of staff.
Realizing they need to warn others, they try to do so on a TV talk show, The Daily Rip, but the upbeat hosts, Brie Evantee (CATE BLANCHETT) and Jack Bremmer (TYLER PERRY), similarly don't take the warnings seriously, although Brie finds herself attracted to the married professor. President Orlean and big-tech founder and CEO Peter Isherwell (MARK RYLANCE) eventually take things seriously and come up with a plan to send patriot Benedict Drask (RON PERLMAN) into space to blow up the comet, but even that gets called off with a new discovery. With things looking bleak, Randall and Kate do what they can to continue warning others, all while she finds solace in the arms of young skateboarder Yule (TIMOTHÉE CHALAMET).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It has a huge cast of stars, so if anyone's a fan of them, they might want to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some sexual content, graphic nudity and drug content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.