(2021) (Clint Eastwood, Eduardo Minett) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An old man travels to Mexico to find and return his former boss' 13-year-old son to Texas.
It's 1979, and Mike Milo (CLINT EASTWOOD) is a former rodeo star and recently fired horse trainer who's asked by his former boss, Howard Polk (DWIGHT YOAKAM), to travel from Texas to Mexico to retrieve that man's 13-year-old son, Rafael (EDUARDO MINETT), who lives in Mexico City with his mom, Leta (FERNANDA URREJOLA). Mike isn't crazy about the idea, but feels he needs to pay back Howard for essentially saving his life following the accidental death of his wife and their son. And after hearing that the boy is allegedly being abused, he agrees and sets off in his old, beat-up vehicle.
It doesn't take him long to find Leta, but she claims she doesn't know where her son is, that he hates her, and that he's a monster who's into criminal activities including cockfighting. Mike indeed finds him at one such event, and after informing the boy that his father wants him to live on his Texas ranch with him, Rafael agrees to go with him. But after Mike turns down Leta's amorous advances, she changes her mind about allowing Mike to take the boy and sends her goons after both.
From that point on, and trying to elude them and the Federales, Mike and Rafael somewhat bond, albeit in a haphazard way, all while accepting the kindness of others, including widowed restaurant owner Marta (NATALIA TRAVEN) who's soon sweet on Mike and vice-versa.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's not that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.