<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2021) (Emma Stone, Emma Thompson) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A young woman's troublemaker alter-ego resurfaces after she takes a job working for a demanding and demeaning fashion designer.
Having been orphaned at a young age when Dalmatians pushed her mother off a cliff, Estella (EMMA STONE) has spent the past decade living in London in an abandoned building with her fellow street thieves, Jasper (JOEL FRY) and Horace (PAUL WALTER HAUSER), who took her in long ago and taught her the tricks of their crime trade.
Aware of Estella's love of fashion, Jasper manages to land her a job at a swanky department store, with both unaware that it's a dead-end janitorial maid position. But after a drunken night of vandalizing the store's display window with her fashion ideas, renowned fashion designer The Baroness (EMMA THOMPSON) is impressed enough to offer her a job. Estella soon learns, however, that her new egotistical and self-serving boss is both demanding and demeaning, yet has a loyal staff including the likes of valet John (MARK STRONG).
Realizing she needs to make a name for herself -- and with her recently suppressed troublemaker alter-ego, Cruella, coming back to the forefront, Estella teams up with second-hand clothing shop owner Artie (JOHN McCREA) and former classmate turned fashion newspaper reporter Anita Darling (KIRBY HOWARD-BAPTISTE) to get her name and design sense out in the world for everyone to see. None of which sits well with The Baroness, resulting in an eventual showdown between the two.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of the "101 Dalmatians" universe.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.