(2021) (Eddie Murphy, Jermaine Fowler) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Having learned that he fathered a child thirty years earlier while in America, the newly ascended king of an African country sets out to find his heir and turn him into a prince.
Thirty years after traveling to America with his royal confidante, Semmi (ARSENIO HALL), and finding his bride in American Lisa (SHARI HEADLEY) -- with whom he has three daughters, Meeka (KIKI LAYNE), Omma (BELLA MURPHY), and Tinashe (AKILEY LOVE) -- Prince Akeem (EDDIE MURPHY) has just become the king of Zamunda upon the passing of his father, King Jaffe Joffer (JAMES EARL JONES).
While sad about that, he must contend with General Izzi (WESLEY SNIPES) plotting to overthrow him, mainly because by law Akeem has no male heirs to succeed him in the future. But the King has just learned that he actually does in the form of American Lavelle Junson (JERMAINE FOWLER), the 30-year-old son of Mary (LESLIE JONES) with whom Akeem had a one-night fling before meeting Lisa.
Realizing the riches they could potentially inherit, Lavelle travels to Zamunda with his mom and Uncle Reem (TRACY MORGAN) to be trained in the way of being a prince, including an arranged marriage with General Izzi's daughter, Bopoto (TEYANA TAYLOR). But with Lavelle more interested in his royal hairdresser, Mirembe (NOMZAMO MBATHA), it's uncertain whether those nuptials will take place and if Izzi will take that personally.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or anyone in the cast, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual content, language, and drug content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.