(2021) (Camilla Cabello, Nicholas Galitzine) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: Having been subjugated into servitude by her stepmother, a headstrong young woman gets a second chance at life when she meets a Prince whose father is demanding that he find a bride.
Ella (CAMILA CABELLO) is a young and headstrong woman who dreams of opening a dress shop. Unfortunately, in the kingdom where she lives, no woman owns a business. To make matters worse, with her father no longer around, Ella's stepmother, Vivian (IDINA MENZEL), makes her serve her and her two daughters, Malvolia (MADDIE BAILLIQ) and Narissa (CHARLOTTE SPENCER) who refer to her as Cinderella, what with Ella being forced to live in the basement.
With her only friends being three mice, James (voice of JAMES CORDEN), John (voice of JAMES ACASTER), and Romesh (voice of ROMESH RANGANATHAN), Ella keeps designing and making dresses while Vivian hopes that some rich man, such as Thomas Cecil (ROB BECKETT), might take one of her daughters off her hands.
Meanwhile, Prince Robert (NICHOLAS GALITZINE) -- while having a close relationship with his mother, Queen Beatrice (MINNIE DRIVER), and sister, Princess Gwen (TALLULAH GREIVE) -- must contend with his father, King Rowan (PIERCE BROSNAN), demanding that he act more kingly and find himself a woman to marry and be his queen.
He doesn't think much of loveless arranged marriages, and thus is smitten with Ella when he sees her from a distance and notes her independent nature. Dressing down like a commoner so that he can't be recognized, he finds Ella on the street and invites her to the ball that his father is throwing for him in hopes of him finding a bride there.
When Vivian refuses to allow Ella to attend, she gets a lucky break when a recently transformed butterfly turns into her Fabulous Godmother (BILLY PORTER) and casts a spell that will allow her to attend with only Prince Robert being able to recognize her.
But the spell is only good until midnight when Ella will return to her old self and the three mice who've been turned into her human assistants will return to rodent form. With time running out, Ella and Prince Robert must decide what's right for themselves.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast, movie musicals, or the Cinderella story, they just might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For suggestive material and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.