(2021) (Taylor Takahashi, Taylour Paige) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A high school senior transfers to a new school where he hopes to show up the best basketball player at a rival school and thus earn a college scholarship to continue his path toward the NBA.
Alfred 'Boogie" Chin (TAYLOR TAKAHASHI) is a high school senior and notable basketball talent whose bickering parents, Vivian (PAMELYN CHEE) and Lawrence (PERRY YUNG), have transferred him from his old Flushing, Queens school to City Prep to play for Coach Hawkins (DOMENICK LOMBARDOZZI). Despite that team not being good, his presence on that means he'll end up facing the best player around, Monk (POP SMOKE), and if Boogie can get the better of him on the court, then surely college athletic scholarships will be headed his way.
In class, Boogie is now good friends with teammate Richie (JORGE LENDEBORG JR.), and they're respectively set their sights on classmates Eleanor (TAYLOUR PAIGE) and Alissa (ALEXA MAREKA) who initially view Richie as rude and forward, if cute. At the same time, and not wanting his talents -- and potential future in the NBA -- to go to waste, Vivian has hired Melvin (MIKE MOH) as Boogie's manager, although his plans clash with how Lawrence pictures things playing out. As Boogie ends up in a relationship with Eleanor and must contend with his parents fighting over his future and how they're going to get there, he waits for his chance to take on Monk on the court.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might since its main characters are of high school age.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout including sexual references, and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.