(2021) (Jude Hill, Caitriona Balfe) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A preteen comes of age in his late 1960s Belfast neighborhood where some Protestants are now trying to force their Catholic neighbors out.
It's 1969 and Buddy (JUDE HILL) is a preteen living in a section of Belfast with his older brother, Will (LEWIS McASKIE), and their parents, Ma (CAITRIONA BALFE) and Pa (JAMIE DORNAN), while Buddy's grandparents -- Granny (JUDI DENCH) and Pop (CIARAN HINDS) -- live nearby. Buddy's biggest concern is not being sure how to act concerning his crush on classmate Catherine (OLIVE TENNANT), but that gets put on the back burner when violence breaks out on his street.
That stems from local Protestants, including Billy Clanton (COLIN MORGAN), wanting to force the Catholics out of their neighborhood. Pa -- a Protestant -- wants nothing to do with any of that, but being away for weeks at a time for work, it's up to Ma to hold down the fort, keep their boys safe, and try to have them lead as normal a life as possible considering the new situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest - especially with the award buzz - but that's probably it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence and strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.