(2021) (Nicole Kidman, Javier Bardem) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A married couple must contend with various big distractions while preparing to shoot the latest episode of their 1950s era hit TV sitcom.
It's the second season of "I Love Lucy" and the show's four stars -- Lucille Ball (NICOLE KIDMAN), Desi Arnaz (JAVIER BARDEM), William Frawley (J.K. SIMMONS), and Vivian Vance (NINA ARIANDA) -- are rehearsing for the shooting of their next episode with executive producer Jess Oppenheimer (TONY HALE) and head writers Madelyn Pugh (ALIA SHAWKAT) and Bob Carroll (JAKE LACY) there to incorporate any changes.
But three issues threaten to mess up the schedule. One is a gossip columnist reporting that there's marital discord between Lucy and Desi, while another is reporting that Lucy is a communist. The third is that Lucy is pregnant and she and Desi want to incorporate that into the show, something that horrifies Jess and pretty much everyone else since they know it will never fly with the studio or the show's corporate sponsor.
As the week wears on, all involved try to resolve those issues so that they can finalize and shoot the episode.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or the old TV sitcom.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.