(2021) (Keri Russell, Jeremy T. Thomas) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A middle school teacher becomes concerned about one of her troubled students, unaware that he's keeping something dangerous locked in his attic.
Julia Meadows (KERI RUSSELL) is a teacher from California who's now returned to her childhood hometown in Oregon. She's working at the local middle school, and is temporarily living with her brother, Paul (JESSE PLEMONS), the local sheriff of the town where the closed mine has led to increased drug use and addiction.
Of her students, Julia is most concerned about Lucas Weaver (JEREMY T. THOMAS), and not because he's bullied by the likes of Clint Owens (CODY DAVIS). Instead, it's that he appears to be showing clear signs of emotional trauma at home where he lives with his father, Frank (SCOTT HAZE), and younger son, Aiden (SAWYER JONES), although few have seen either of the last two of recent.
Lucas' violent drawings indicate something is amiss, so after hearing Julia's concerns, Principal Ellen Booth (AMY MADIGAN) decides to make a house visit. But that turns out to be a bad idea as something monstrous is locked in the attic, with Lucas bringing it whatever meat he can find. With Julia's concerns mounting, she, Paul, and others are in for an unpleasant surprise when they eventually learn what's locked away in that house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into R-rated, monster-based horror films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence including gruesome images, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.