<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2021) (Adam Driver, Marion Cottillard) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A provocative stand-up comedian and an opera singer marry and then have their lives changed upon the arrival of their unique daughter.
Henry McHenry (ADAM DRIVER) is a stand-up comedian whose act is of the caustic performance art variety. He ends up marrying renowned opera singer Ann Defrasnoux (MARION COTILLARD) and the two have a child they name Annette, much to the delight of the tabloids that feed off any new celebrity news.
Much like they do in reporting that while her career is skyrocketing, his is crashing to Earth. Things become more complicated after tragedy strikes, and Henry discovers that young Annette can sing just like her mother. As he tries to capitalize on that, he must contend with his erratic behavior and a revelation that soon undermine his emotional stability.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might, especially if they're fans of Driver or Cotillard.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content including some nudity, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.