(2021) (Zachary Levi, Anna Paquin) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A quarterback must deal with setbacks and obstacles, all while starting and then maintaining a relationship with a divorced woman and her kids, as he tries to make it to the NFL.
Kurt Warner (ZACHARY LEVI) has always dreamed of being a professional quarterback in the NFL, but he barely gets a chance to play in college where he's the roommate to Mike Hudnutt (SER'DARIUS BLAIN), one of the team's offensive linemen. Things look up a bit when he meets Brenda Meoni (ANNA PAQUIN), a divorced mom of two who's going to nursing school, and despite her having two kids, Jesse and Zack (HAYDEN ZALLER) -- who ended up nearly blind and with brain damage from an accidental drop when he was a few months old -- Kurt is positive his future is with all of them.
As is his belief that he's destined to be a pro quarterback, but that's tested when he's not drafted, followed by his first tryout with a team that only lasts a day, resulting in him ending up bagging groceries before being asked to play for an Arena League team. All of which eventually leads to a tryout with the St. Louis Rams. But he must impress head coach Dick Vermeil (DENNIS QUAID) and offensive coordinator Mike Martz (CHANCE KELLY) that he's what they need, or else his dream will likely be gone forever.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're football fans, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some language and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.