(2021) (Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: An isolated family seeks out other potential survivors in a post-apocalyptic world that's been decimated by heavily armored and blind monsters that hunt by sound.
Following the events of "A Quiet Place" where Lee Abbott (JOHN KRASINSKI) sacrificed himself to save his family from heavily armored and blind monsters that hunt by sound and have decimated most of the world's population, his wife, Evelyn (EMILY BLUNT), is trying to keep the family safe. That includes her deaf daughter, Regan (MILLICENT SIMMONDS), who discovered that the amplified squeal of her hearing aids can debilitate the monsters, her son, Marcus (NOAH JUPE), and a newborn.
Realizing they can't make it on their own, they set out to find those burning fires far off in the distance and eventually encounter their former neighbor, Emmett (CILLIAN MURPHY). He isn't happy to see them, what with limited water and food for himself and still reeling from his wife's death a few months back. He saves them from the monsters, but tells them they must leave the following day. Before that happens and having figured out the source of hearing Bobby Darrin's "Beyond the Sea" mysteriously playing on the radio and the location of the broadcast, Regan decides to head off on her own to try to get there in hopes of discovering a better future for her family.
But doing so puts her in danger of encountering the monsters, something Emmett must contend with when Evelyn pleads for him to find and return her, all while she ventures out in search of medicine and pain medication for Marcus' recent leg injury. All of which means everyone ends up in danger of being heard and attacked by the monsters.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if the liked the first film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, violence, and bloody/disturbing images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.